A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy.
Consulum is a government advisory firm dedicated to helping governments develop, lead and deliver positive programmes that successfully promote their global interests. Our clients are government organisations and their leaders, including centre-of-government entities, ministries, authorities, agencies and state-owned enterprises.
About the role
A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory firm. As a payroll & treasury officer, you will join the Consulum Finance team to support the payroll and banking activities of the business.
- Oversees and processes payroll for 150+ employees across 5 markets (UK, UAE, Bahrain, KSA, South Africa and Malaysia)
- Manage Reconciliations of Pension and tax monthly, quarterly and annually
- Coordinate with payroll service providers for timely payroll report, resolve issues and manage relationships
- Monitor, manage and reconciles payroll taxes at the employer and employee level
- Prepare payroll journal entries to General Ledger and year-end audit schedules
- Produce salary certificates for staff in GCC
- Manage the payroll mailbox and respond to queries promptly
- Collaborate with HR monthly on employee data updates, including new hires, terminations, promotions, and changes in compensation
- Monthly reconcile pay change report, ensuring compliance with controls.
- Develop easy to use templates for various payroll matters.
- Provide end-of-service benefit (EOSB) and other end-of-employment pay calculations
- Support the implementation of payroll policies, procedures, and controls to maintain integrity.
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend changes to enhance effectiveness and automation opportunities.
- Manage, complete or supports the implementation of payroll-related initiatives and projects
- Liaise with banks to resolve any issues or discrepancies related to banking transactions or services, including rejected or delayed transactions.
- Monitor bank account balances in different currencies across markets, ensuring sufficient funds for upcoming pay run.
- Review and reconcile bank accounts regularly, identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Audit bank charges and record them on the accounting system.
- Extract transaction and swift copies as required for the finance team.
- Process and track bank guarantees across GCC. Maintaining a record of documentation and auditing charges.
- Collaborate with AP team to upload payment instructions to the banking systems.
- Completion of month-end bank reconciliations for approval by HoF
- Preparation of bi-weekly short-term 12-week cashflow forecast.
- Review currency requirements weekly and request forex funding from HoF
- Reconcile individual cooperate credit cards monthly and investigate any discrepancies.
- Source and implement a new payroll system that integrates with existing HR system
Essential skills and attributes
Skills and Attributes
- Unquestioned integrity and adherence to strict confidentiality
- Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- High level of self-confidence and energy
- High level of intellectual agility, initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and patience
- Between 4-6 years of post-qualification payroll experience, preferably with a multinational company, with at least a significant portion of such experience occurring in the Middle East
- Ideally, experience in the professional services industry
- Strong personal communication skills
- Effective planning and organising skills to prioritise key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects
- The ability to keep calm in a crisis and to cope well with conflicting deadlines
- Strong team player who is both committed and flexible
Why work for Consulum
- Work for a purpose-driven organisation seeking to improve the positive performance and impact of governments
- Be part of and contribute to some of the most interesting and challenging government reform programmes in the world
- Be part of a high-performance culture defined by the pursuit of excellence, collaboration, collegiality, and a focus on professional development
- Contribute to the development of the business.
- Progress with a clear and achievable path to promotion
- Tax-free living
Consulum’s core values
In order to be successful within Consulum, candidates and employees must suit the Consulum culture. As such, they must demonstrate the following core values:
Be the best, always
- We seek to deliver a quality of work that cannot be found anywhere else.
- We win every meeting, always impressing our clients with our effort, insight, ideas, and advice.
- We innovate constantly, always seeking new and better ways to enhance the work we do.
Delight our clients
- We listen actively and put ourselves in the shoes of our clients, enabling us to understand them and their needs fully.
- We go the extra mile for our clients, ensuring they have our support when they need it most.
- We empower our clients, helping them get better and do better.
Take a ‘One Consulum’ approach
- We collaborate, drawing on all the expertise and experience Consulum has to offer in service of our clients.
- We gladly share: our ideas, our time, our expertise, our support.
- We treat one another well: with respect, consideration, and appreciation.
Empower yourself and each other
- We actively seek to develop our skills and capabilities through reading, listening, watching, and practicing.
- We help each other master new skills, develop expertise, and achieve progress.
- We take enthusiastic advantage of every opportunity Consulum provides for professional development.
Say it like it is
- We offer our clients honest advice in a sincere effort to advance their best interests.
- We contribute with confidence, clarity, and openness to internal discussions.
- We have hard conversations when we need to, always respecting the dignity of our colleagues.
Be a pro
- We turn up on time, fully prepared and ready to deliver.
- We never violate the confidences of our clients.
- We act with integrity, always.