A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy.
Consulum is a government advisory firm dedicated to helping governments develop, lead and deliver positive programmes that successfully promote their global interests. Our clients are government organisations and their leaders, including centre-of-government entities, ministries, authorities, agencies and state-owned enterprises.
About the role
A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy. As a mid-level communications professional with extensive experience in implementing integrated communications programmes and campaigns, you will be providing communications strategy, advice, and support to government clients across the MENA region.
Dubai, Bahrain, or Saudi Arabia
- Implementing integrated communications strategies and plans for government ministries, departments, and entities.
- Managing mid-sized accounts, including responsibility for structuring the work programme, managing the day-to-day execution of activities, and maintaining the client relationship.
- Developing innovative campaigns that deliver results for clients and integrate multiple disciplines, including digital, stakeholder engagement and media relations.
- Engaging media on behalf of clients, building media relationships and placing stories.
- Providing ad hoc advice to clients on issues and trends, and the implications of these for the client.
- Mentoring and developing junior staff on accounts.
Essential skills and attributes
- Communications planning and delivery – the ability to execute these functions at the highest level.
- Content writing – the ability to generate high-quality written content for print and digital media.
- Media relations – the ability to interact with journalists and place stories.
- Account management – the ability to manage multiple accounts and workstreams at one time.
- Staff development – the ability to develop and mentor staff of different levels.
- Microsoft Office – proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Leadership – the ability to develop relationships of influence with clients and staff alike
- Resilience and stamina – the ability to develop solutions under difficult circumstances and maintain a productive pace and outlook.
- Curiosity and a sense of adventure- we love people who naturally want to know more about the world and are happy to not always have all the answers but can help figure them out.
- Ambition and humility- we want people who are hungry to grow, but not at the cost of others. Being able to take people on a journey is a key part of being able to work and lead at CSM.
- At least 5 years’ experience in communications, including working in or consulting to public sector organisations, preferably in the Gulf.
- Sector expertise in the economic (Sovereign Wealth Funds, inward investment), culture or tourism spaces is preferred.
Why work here
- Work for a purpose-driven organisation seeking to improve the positive performance and impact of governments.
- Be part of and contribute to some of the most interesting and challenging government reform programmes in the world.
- Be part of a high-performance culture defined by the pursuit of excellence, collaboration, collegiality, and a focus on professional development.
- Contribute to the development of the business.
- Progress with a clear and achievable path to promotion.
- Tax-free living.
Consulum’s core values
In order to be successful within Consulum, candidates and employees must suit the Consulum culture. As such, they must demonstrate the following core values:
Be the best, always
- We seek to deliver a quality of work that cannot be found anywhere else.
- We win every meeting, always impressing our clients with our effort, insight, ideas, and advice.
- We innovate constantly, always seeking new and better ways to enhance the work we do.
Delight our clients
- We listen actively and put ourselves in the shoes of our clients, enabling us to understand them and their needs fully.
- We go the extra mile for our clients, ensuring they have our support when they need it most.
- We empower our clients, helping them get better and do better.
Take a ‘One Consulum’ approach
- We collaborate, drawing on all the expertise and experience Consulum has to offer in service of our clients.
- We gladly share: our ideas, our time, our expertise, our support.
- We treat one another well: with respect, consideration, and appreciation.
Empower yourself and each other
- We actively seek to develop our skills and capabilities through reading, listening, watching, and practicing.
- We help each other master new skills, develop expertise, and achieve progress.
- We take enthusiastic advantage of every opportunity Consulum provides for professional development.
Say it like it is
- We offer our clients honest advice in a sincere effort to advance their best interests.
- We contribute with confidence, clarity, and openness to internal discussions.
- We have hard conversations when we need to, always respecting the dignity of our colleagues.
Be a pro
- We turn up on time, fully prepared and ready to deliver.
- We never violate the confidences of our clients.
- We act with integrity, always.