A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy.
Consulum is a government advisory firm dedicated to helping governments develop, lead and deliver positive programmes that successfully promote their global interests. Our clients are government organisations and their leaders, including centre-of-government entities, ministries, authorities, agencies and state-owned enterprises.
About the role
A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy. Consulum is seeking a digital communications executive with experience in digital strategy and digital communications to provide support to Consulum’s governmental clients.
Dubai, Bahrain, or Saudi Arabia
- Support the delivery of governmental strategic digital communications to clients across the Middle East
- Provide analysis of current and emerging regional issues and trends
- Develop and incorporate analysis into digital communications programmes tailored to client requirements
- Deliver workstreams for allocated clients, with responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of activities, ensuring deadlines are met and alerting those responsible for oversight to any issues and seeking sign off, where required
- Deliver general digital tasks including writing social media copy, paid-social planning and influencer programmes
- Contribute to the production, delivery and QA of emails, social media content, and web pages
- Contribute to client roadmap planning by outlining ideas and market research
- Create excellent presentations (using tools such as PowerPoint)– including content and appropriate design
- Have a finger on the pulse of developments taking place in tech and digital comms – inviting opinions from peers and sharing our point of view with colleagues & clients
- Identify key stakeholders and influencers, map a plan for engagement and support in cultivating relationships through digital channels
Business development and growth
- Contribute to presentations and pitches to prospective clients.
- Play an active role in understanding the landscape of potential Consulum clients and pro-actively recommend opportunities to engage.
- Run basic training around Digital tools where required
- Act as a buddy to colleagues.
- Have a finger on the pulse of developments taking place in tech and digital comms – upskilling colleagues across Consulum
Essential skills and attributes
- Intelligence: structured, logical thinking and presentation: the ability to develop and deliver comprehensive analyses and coherent presentations.
- People: the ability to influence people.
- English: excellent written and spoken business English.
- Project management: an ability to structure and manage your day to day tasks and projects.
- Software: an ability to use Powerpoint and Excel (including visualising data).
- Tools: practised knowledge of how to use social media tools and digital analytics tools as well as experience in researching digital and societal trends.
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in digital disciplines
- Leadership: the ability to develop relationships of influence with clients and staff alike.
- Can-do: being resourceful, proactive, positive and problem-solving.
- Development-orientation: curiosity and the desire to learn, grow and progress.
- Resilience and stamina: the ability to develop solutions under difficult circumstances and maintain a productive pace and outlook.
- Ambition and humility: we want people who are hungry to grow, but not at the cost of others. Being able to take people on a journey is a key part of being able to work and lead at CSM.
- Experience working in government communications.
- Understanding of verbal or written Arabic.
- Excellent writing and presentational skills
- Experience producing communications materials, including social media, press releases, talking points, media briefings, etc.
- Experience participating in the development and implementation of communications strategies
- Experience in marketing digital propositions
- Experience in SEO optimisation
- Excellent organisational skills and flexible approach to work, with the ability to work independently, but also display solid team working skills
- Analytical skills and tactical judgement.
Why work for Consulum
- Work for a purpose-driven organisation seeking to improve the positive performance and impact of governments
- Be part of and contribute to some of the most interesting and challenging government reform programmes in the world
- Be part of a high-performance culture defined by the pursuit of excellence, collaboration, collegiality, and a focus on professional development
- Contribute to the development of the business.
- Progress with a clear and achievable path to promotion
- Tax-free living
Consulum’s core values
In order to be successful within Consulum, candidates and employees must suit the Consulum culture. As such, they must demonstrate the following core values:
Be the best, always
- We seek to deliver a quality of work that cannot be found anywhere else.
- We win every meeting, always impressing our clients with our effort, insight, ideas, and advice.
- We innovate constantly, always seeking new and better ways to enhance the work we do.
Delight our clients
- We listen actively and put ourselves in the shoes of our clients, enabling us to understand them and their needs fully.
- We go the extra mile for our clients, ensuring they have our support when they need it most.
- We empower our clients, helping them get better and do better.
Take a ‘One Consulum’ approach
- We collaborate, drawing on all the expertise and experience Consulum has to offer in service of our clients.
- We gladly share: our ideas, our time, our expertise, our support.
- We treat one another well: with respect, consideration, and appreciation.
Empower yourself and each other
- We actively seek to develop our skills and capabilities through reading, listening, watching, and practicing.
- We help each other master new skills, develop expertise, and achieve progress.
- We take enthusiastic advantage of every opportunity Consulum provides for professional development.
Say it like it is
- We offer our clients honest advice in a sincere effort to advance their best interests.
- We contribute with confidence, clarity, and openness to internal discussions.
- We have hard conversations when we need to, always respecting the dignity of our colleagues.
Be a pro
- We turn up on time, fully prepared and ready to deliver.
- We never violate the confidences of our clients.
- We act with integrity, always.