A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy.
Consulum is a government advisory firm dedicated to helping governments develop, lead and deliver positive programmes that successfully promote their global interests. Our clients are government organisations and their leaders, including centre-of-government entities, ministries, authorities, agencies and state-owned enterprises.
About the role
A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy. As a junior communications professional with experience in delivering high-quality research and analysis, you will play an important role on account teams providing communications strategy, advice, and support to government clients across the MENA region and beyond.
Dubai, Bahrain, or Saudi Arabia
- Support the Account Lead and Account Manager in the development and delivery of integrated communications strategies and plans for government ministries, departments, and entities.
- Produce research and briefing notes to a high standard.
- Media management including pitching stories to journalists and responding to media requests.
- Draft messaging, talking points, press releases and written digital content.
- Monitor print, broadcast, and social media for clients, identifying articles and content of interest, producing monitoring reports and alerting the team to potential issues.
- Collect, analyse, and present data to inform communications strategy and advice.
- Support in the development of briefing materials and research relating to new business pitches.
Essential skills and attributes
- Research and writing skills – the ability to produce consistently high-quality research and written content.
- Analytical skills – the ability to digest information quickly, organise thoughts and judge significance.
- Media relations – good understanding of how to engage media as part of a campaign.
- Digital media – good understanding of digital media, including social listening tools.
- Microsoft Office – proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Resilience and stamina – the ability to develop solutions under difficult circumstances and maintain a productive pace and outlook.
- Curiosity and a sense of adventure- we love people who naturally want to know more about the world and are happy to not always have all the answers but can help figure them out.
- Ambition and humility- we want people who are hungry to grow, but not at the cost of others. Being able to take people on a journey is a key part of being able to work and lead at CSM.
- At least two years’ experience in communications.
- Ideal backgrounds include government, public sector, communications agency, charity and think tanks.
- Strong interest in Middle East and / or global politics and economy is a requirement.
Why work here
- Work for a purpose-driven organisation seeking to improve the positive performance and impact of governments.
- Be part of and contribute to some of the most interesting and challenging government reform programmes in the world.
- Be part of a high-performance culture defined by the pursuit of excellence, collaboration, collegiality, and a focus on professional development.
- Contribute to the development of the business.
- Progress with a clear and achievable path to promotion.
- Tax-free living.
Consulum’s core values
In order to be successful within Consulum, candidates and employees must suit the Consulum culture. As such, they must demonstrate the following core values:
Be the best, always
- We seek to deliver a quality of work that cannot be found anywhere else.
- We win every meeting, always impressing our clients with our effort, insight, ideas, and advice.
- We innovate constantly, always seeking new and better ways to enhance the work we do.
Delight our clients
- We listen actively and put ourselves in the shoes of our clients, enabling us to understand them and their needs fully.
- We go the extra mile for our clients, ensuring they have our support when they need it most.
- We empower our clients, helping them get better and do better.
Take a ‘One Consulum’ approach
- We collaborate, drawing on all the expertise and experience Consulum has to offer in service of our clients.
- We gladly share: our ideas, our time, our expertise, our support.
- We treat one another well: with respect, consideration, and appreciation.
Empower yourself and each other
- We actively seek to develop our skills and capabilities through reading, listening, watching, and practicing.
- We help each other master new skills, develop expertise, and achieve progress.
- We take enthusiastic advantage of every opportunity Consulum provides for professional development.
Say it like it is
- We offer our clients honest advice in a sincere effort to advance their best interests.
- We contribute with confidence, clarity, and openness to internal discussions.
- We have hard conversations when we need to, always respecting the dignity of our colleagues.
Be a pro
- We turn up on time, fully prepared and ready to deliver.
- We never violate the confidences of our clients.
- We act with integrity, always.