A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory consultancy.
Consulum is a government advisory firm dedicated to helping governments develop, lead and deliver positive programmes that successfully promote their global interests. Our clients are government organisations and their leaders, including centre-of-government entities, ministries, authorities, agencies and state-owned enterprises.
About the role
A unique opportunity to join a leading government advisory firm. As a Legal Advisor, you will join the Consulum Finance and Operations team to support the commercial activities of the business.
- Deliver legal advice to management and support departments on a wide range of legal matters, including but not limited to contracting law in the region, intellectual property, data protection, employment law and compliance issues
- Draft and negotiate various contracts, including client agreements, supplier contracts and non-disclosure agreements.
- Review and analyse contracts to identify and highlight important clauses and obligations for management.
- Actively monitor legal and regulatory developments relevant to the industry and company’s jurisdictions, ensuring to recommend applicable compliance policies.
- Assist in reviewing, amending and implementing changes to policies, procedures and standard documentation in light of legal developments in the region.
- Identify and assess legal risks and put forward recommendations. Advise on legal disputes and coordinate with external counsel when necessary
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including maintaining corporate records and drafting resolutions
- Act as a trusted advisor and develop relationships with all relevant business stakeholders, government agencies and teams.
- Assist in supporting the administrative aspects of KYC and due diligence.
- Maintain a contracts database to track all company contracts and ensure the inclusion of important clauses like indemnification provisions, termination clauses and confidentiality clauses.
- Monitor contract expiration dates and assist with contract renewals, amendments and change orders
- Safekeeper of all company legal documentation and maintain an up-to-date documentation tracker across offices..
- Set up and maintain IP portfolio, including trademarks and copyrights. Assist in registration and protection of IP assets.
- Refresh and revise the Contracting Process and supporting documentation.
- Create and maintain a Client and Supplier contract Database.
- Create and implement a contract summary template process.
- Implement an IP and copyright/trademark management process.
- Play a key role in rolling out digital signature workflows.
Essential skills and attributes
- Unquestioned integrity and adherence to strict confidentiality
- Pragmatic with strong business acumen
- Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- High level of self-confidence and energy
- High level of intellectual agility, initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and patience
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic is a must
- Leadership: the ability to develop relationships of influence with clients and staff alike.
- Can-do: being resourceful, proactive, positive and problem-solving.
- Development-orientation: curiosity and the desire to learn, grow and progress.
- Resilience and stamina: the ability to develop solutions under difficult circumstances and maintain a productive pace and outlook.
- Ambition and humility: we want people who are hungry to grow, but not at the cost of others. Being able to take people on a journey is a key part of being able to work and lead at CSM.
- Between 4-6 years of post-qualification legal experience, preferably with a multinational company or an international law firm, with at least a significant portion of such experience occurring in the Middle East.
- Paralegal with a degree in law or lawyer qualified to practice law in the MENA Jurisdiction
- Ability to review, evaluate and negotiate procurement-related contracts
- Ideally, experience in the professional services industry
- Developed commercial awareness with an outcome-orientated approach and the ability to apply legal principles pragmatically
- Effective planning and organising skills to prioritise key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects
- The ability to keep calm in a crisis and to cope well with conflicting deadlines
- Strong team player who is both committed and flexible
Why work for Consulum
- Work for a purpose-driven organisation seeking to improve the positive performance and impact of governments
- Be part of and contribute to some of the most interesting and challenging government reform programmes in the world
- Be part of a high-performance culture defined by the pursuit of excellence, collaboration, collegiality, and a focus on professional development
- Contribute to the development of the business.
- Progress with a clear and achievable path to promotion
- Tax-free living
Consulum’s core values
In order to be successful within Consulum, candidates and employees must suit the Consulum culture. As such, they must demonstrate the following core values:
Be the best, always
- We seek to deliver a quality of work that cannot be found anywhere else.
- We win every meeting, always impressing our clients with our effort, insight, ideas, and advice.
- We innovate constantly, always seeking new and better ways to enhance the work we do.
Delight our clients
- We listen actively and put ourselves in the shoes of our clients, enabling us to understand them and their needs fully.
- We go the extra mile for our clients, ensuring they have our support when they need it most.
- We empower our clients, helping them get better and do better.
Take a ‘One Consulum’ approach
- We collaborate, drawing on all the expertise and experience Consulum has to offer in service of our clients.
- We gladly share: our ideas, our time, our expertise, our support.
- We treat one another well: with respect, consideration, and appreciation.
Empower yourself and each other
- We actively seek to develop our skills and capabilities through reading, listening, watching, and practicing.
- We help each other master new skills, develop expertise, and achieve progress.
- We take enthusiastic advantage of every opportunity Consulum provides for professional development.
Say it like it is
- We offer our clients honest advice in a sincere effort to advance their best interests.
- We contribute with confidence, clarity, and openness to internal discussions.
- We have hard conversations when we need to, always respecting the dignity of our colleagues.
Be a pro
- We turn up on time, fully prepared and ready to deliver.
- We never violate the confidences of our clients.
- We act with integrity, always.